Mike Gerrells from Mission Hills in Littleton, CO brings us this awesome 3d grid.
The idea was to create a portal that took the actors from the video screen to live on the stage. The concept was part of the Orange Conference designs.
- Ramp was 4′ tall 10′ deep 10′ wide at the top 20′ wide at ground level
- 2×4 framing
- OSB decking
- 1 1/2″ white schedule 40 pipe.
- black paint on the deck with white gaff tape on the ramp to match the pipe
- attached the pipe with rigging rope to our lighting grid
- grid was 10’x 8′ on the top of the ramp and 20′ x 16′ at the end of the ramp
- 12 – R2X spots
- 16 – ETC LED par (8 uplighting the pipes on the ramp)
- 4 – R2 wash
- 2 – 2.5w lasers
- 50′ of truss to make the triangle over the stage
- 1 gallon af haze fluid
- 1 MDG hazer
- 1 – 8K Sony laser projector
- 1 – rear project screen